The Academy Council shall be composed as follows:
- The President of the Academy as Chairperson of the Council.
- Heads of departments as members.
- A representative of the Ministry chosen by the Minister as a member.
- A representative of the Board of Trustees as a member.
- Two faculty members nominated by the Academy Rector as members.
- The Secretary General.
The Rector’s Assigned Tasks:
The Academy Rector is the chief executive officer who is responsible for the management of the Academy and the implementation of its annual plans and budget before the Board of Trustees. He has the following responsibilities and powers:
- Managing the academic, scientific, educational, administrative, financial and other affairs with a view to achieve the Academy objectives.
- Implementing the Academy Articles of Association, its approved rules, regulations, instructions and directives issued by the Board of Trustees and the Board Chairperson.
- Presiding over the Academy Council, convening its meetings and organizing its affairs.
- Implementing the budget of the Academy and issuing disbursement orders for the expenses of the Academy, in accordance with the Financial Regulations.
- Preparing the Academy annual plans and budgets as well as the final accounts and submit them to the Board of Trustees for discussion and ratification.
- Presenting a report to the Board of Trustees at the end of each semester explaining the Academy performance progress and the obstacles and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Any other powers granted to him/her by relevant legislations.
Functions and Powers of the Academy Council:
The Academy Council shall assume the following functions and powers:
- Setting standards for appointment of faculty members and lecturers and approving their appointment.
- Approving the final award of scientific degrees recommended by the Department Council and the Academy Rector.
- Suggesting the amount of tuition fees for each program.
- Proposing the admission capacity load in the Academy programs annually.
- Setting standards for the development or modification of study plans.
- Discussing the annual report on the various activities of the Academy and its achievements and forwarding it to the Board of Trustees.
- Enhancing the level of higher education and encouraging the preparation and publishing research works.
- Approving curricula, textbooks, references and periodicals in scientific departments.
- Approving the academic regulations for postgraduate studies and overseeing their implementation.
- Deciding on academic matters falling within its competence.